What type of time commitment would you like to make?
|Frequency||Duration||Session Fee||Your Location|
|Weekly *||30 mins||$45||+$20|
* Students up to 18 years of age.
|5%||Pay for 2 months in advance||Weekly sessions only|
|+ 10%||Refer 1 family/friend for weekly sessions||Applied for 3 months|
|+ 15 %||Refer 2 family/friends for weekly sessions||Applied for 3 months|
|+ 20%||Refer 3+ family/friends for weekly session||Applied for 3 months|
What does the 1-on-1 Session Fee Cover?
- Your booked session time one on one
- Individual session plan based on your level
- Development of session material
- Creation of any sheet music for your sessions (Sibelius – leading industry software), transposition of any music, and transcription of any practice material required
- Creation of any audio tracks required for practice or the session (Cubase software), and backing tracks
- Monthly daily practice sheets where applicable, email support midweek if progress audio required – especially when preparing for a performance or auditions
- For vocal lessons: Piano accompaniment and backing tracks
- Learning any song from any culture, in any language to teach you in your session time
- All administration (email communication, scheduling, day before sms reminders)
- Opportunity to take part in the quarterly video/audio recordings of your vocal/piano/duo/composition work. Recording location run sheet and location announced 2 months in advance, and students are selected to take part
27 Atchinson Street, Wollongong
Conveniently located within the Stella Health Centre, across from the Portofino Function Centre. Just 5 minutes walk from the Wollongong Train Station and close to the Crown Street shopping mall
17 Kruger Avenue, Windang
Conveniently located near Albion Park, Shellharbour, and Oak Flats areas.
12 minutes from Shellharbour City Centre.
15 minutes south of Wollongong.
Anita’s Theatre Complex Suite,
2 minute drive from Thirroul Train Station
FAQs – SESSION BOOKINGS
Your invoice will contain either 4 or 5 lessons for the following month.
If you start midmonth, a prorata amount is used. Example, if there are 2 sessions left in the month, the invoice will be for 2 sessions.
- Bank transfer to BSB and Account Number.
We recommend that you try the other teachers around us for a few months. Note your progress after that.
Then take 1 session with Peter, and you will understand the difference.
Lessons are paid in advance to reserve time for your session.
MUSIC TUITION FOR CHILDREN
As a registered provider for the Creative Kids program, you can redeem your voucher with us and let your child develop new skills. Enrol them in a new activity so they can create something great.
For more information regarding the Creative Kids program, or to learn more about the more than 40 government savings and rebates to help with your cost of living, visit service.nsw.gov.au.
If you would like to start lessons for a child younger than 5, contact us for a trial lesson for 30 minutes. Also see Giving Your Baby an Early Advantage.
It is better to stop training while your child’s voice is breaking because it is like training with an inconsistent instrument. The results are unpredictable and it is frustrating and disheartening. Either have a break, or we can focus on things like music theory and/or sight reading that will help him in the future. We can still do solfeggios which will teach sight singing and pitch.
In terms of how long it takes for a child’s voice to become stable, I can’t answer this. For myself, it took approximately 3 months, but every person is different.
Unfortunately there are music schools that provide singing lessons for any children and are happy to put a child on stage or in public to sing when they are not ready, or with a song that does not match their vocal range. This is unfair.
Music must build a child or adult’s confidence and they must feel good about singing and feel good about making progress every week. Confidence is priceless and will carry over into everything else the student puts their mind on in life.